RealcommEDGE Magazine: Conference Edition
In the current issue of the RealcommEDGE Magazine, we asked our Realcomm and IBcon Advisory Council Co-Chairs Steve Lefkowitz, Time Warner, Scott Zimmerman, CenterPoint Properties, Arv Gupta, Cadillac Fairview, Jesse Carrillo, Hines and Chandra Dhandapani, CBRE to share their views about how their technology roles are evolving in this "Age of Acceleration" and how they are managing that change in their organizations.
The RealcommEDGE magazine is the only publication focused exclusively on technology, automation and innovation for the Commercial and Corporate Real Estate and Facilities industry. It provides readers with astute analysis and world-class case studies demonstrating the best use of technology for the industry.
Featuring Steve Lefkowitz, Time Warner; Scott Zimmerman, CenterPoint Properties; Arv Gupta, Cadillac Fairview; Jesse Carrillo, Hines; Chandra Dhandapani, CBRE
INSIDE THIS ISSUE:
- From the Publisher: The Age of Acceleration: Navigating Global CRE Technology and Innovation
- Why the 'As A Service' Model Will Be a Game Changer for Intelligent Buildings
- The Facility Manager’s Changing Role: Guardian of the Building Experience
- Empowering Business Through Connected Data
- Smart Digital Workplaces: Moving Beyond Smart Buildings
- Empowered: Choices and Challenges in Energy Efficiency
- 2018 Brings the Next Phase of Big Data for Smart Buildings
- Transwestern’s Enterprise Journey to Digital Transformation: An Interview with Kurt Emshousen, CAO
- Smart Buildings Need Smarter Cybersecurity
- FASB ASC-842 – You Have 275 Days: Are You Ready?
- Three Questions to Ask When Vetting Intelligent Building Technologies
- Moving from Analytics to Artificial Intelligence: Is Commercial Real Estate Ready?
- Advances in Fault Detection and Diagnostics Technology
- It All Starts with Exploration: Rethinking the Approach to Data Analytics in Facilities
- Smart Furniture Now a Part of the Connected Building Discussion
- Forget Blockchain and Bitcoin – AI is Where You Should be Focusing in Commercial Real Estate
- 2018 Solutions Marketplace Directory
This Week’s Sponsor
Yardi® develops and supports industry-leading investment and property management software for all types and sizes of real estate companies. Established in 1984, Yardi is based in Santa Barbara, Calif., and serves clients worldwide. For more information on how Yardi is Energized for Tomorrow, visit yardi.com.
23 Years of Big Topics & Global Thought Leaders on CRE, Technology and Innovation For centuries, people left their homes and traveled to buildings to do things. They traveled by foot, horse, bicycle, automobile and airplanes. Over the years, technology began to chip away at the need to go someplace to do something.
7 Commercial Real Estate Technology Solutions to Help Digitize Your Operations The technology a company uses is becoming an increasingly important part of how it differentiates itself from competitors. The right software can streamline tedious tasks, helping employees to be more productive ultimately adding to the company’s bottom line.
Global Smart Buildings and Districts Inspire Innovation We are fortunate to be alive at a time when technology is enabling some of humanity’s wildest dreams. (Commercial space travel, anyone?) It’s also inspiring to see the great innovative work being done by the best and brightest in the building industry.
Revisit Your Technology Architecture Digital transformation has been a buzzword since the mid-2000s. It was primarily lip service and a concept that was included in future roadmaps but not next year's budgets. The pandemic rocked the world and changed everything. There is now no such thing as "business as usual."