American Tower: Bringing Buildings & Venues into the Future of Wireless Communications
Today, building and venue owners need much more than basic wireless connectivity for people to make cellphone calls indoors. They require connectivity solutions that deliver unique and captivating experiences and support the latest smart building technologies.
Superior in-building wireless connectivity is a competitive differentiator and an operational necessity. That’s why we offer reliable, high-quality, and secure wireless infrastructure solutions to support building and venue owners. Wireless connectivity is one of the most important features of any building or venue―we deliver a single infrastructure that supports multiple technologies and is future ready, while providing tenants and guests robust and secure internet connectivity for multiple applications. We also offer solutions that support different business models, so building and venue owners can tailor their level of network involvement to match strategic and operational goals.
Delivering a Whole New Customer Experience
No matter which of our in-building connectivity solutions you choose, you can benefit from the network speed, capacity, and coverage to deliver an optimal wireless experience throughout any building or venue—from offices and hotels to the largest sports, entertainment, and retail destinations.
- Ensure customers enjoy seamless access to high-speed and high-quality mobile voice, data, and video services—no matter where they are on your property
- Help you understand who your customers are, peak foot traffic times, and how customers move throughout your property, so you can tailor advertising and services to their habits and preferences
- Allow you to interact with customers to provide helpful tips, maps, and special offers from the moment they walk in the door to the time they leave
- Enable future in-building technologies, such as Citizens Broadband Radio Service (CBRS) and 5G
Our solutions can provide the network reliability and speed needed to take advantage of building automation and the Internet of Things (IoT) to streamline operations and reduce costs. With our in-building wireless solutions, you can:
- Support for operation and sensor technologies to support smart building applications such as Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC), lighting, and water systems
- Utilizing robots for manual tasks such as cleaning floors and retrieving packages
- Improve security with automated monitoring and alarm systems that trigger notifications
- Analyze data from connected sensors to predict and prevent equipment breakdowns before failures occur
We know every building and venue has unique wireless connectivity requirements. As a result, we deliver the right in-building solution tailored for your building size, business model, tenants, customers, and targeted applications.
- Carrier Grade Wi-Fi is an ultra-high-speed solution incorporating quality of service features to prioritize key applications and is complemented by our Unified Data Analytics platform, which provides critical insight into network usage patterns. It reduces deployment costs, when compared to other options, by enabling network convergence and puts you on a path to support emerging private LTE and 5G solutions.
- In-Building Small Cells is best for properties where mobile operators want the flexibility to control their own equipment and subscriber experience. Our teams install the distributed power, fiber-based network, and shared antennas that form the network backbone, leaving operators free to install their preferred small cell solution and deliver their own spectrum on top of the backbone.
- A Distributed Antenna System (DAS) is ideal for very large buildings and vast indoor-outdoor properties where mobile operators are highly motivated to offload wireless coverage. Our solution includes industry-leading antennas, radios, network equipment, and battery backup solutions that support current and future wireless technologies and are certified for use with participating mobile operator networks.
To make in-building wireless evolution as easy as possible, all of our turnkey in-building wireless infrastructure solutions:
- Start with needs analysis and network design, and include installation, integration, testing, on-air commissioning, monitoring, and ongoing maintenance
- Scale to suit buildings and venues of any size and type
- Include full support through our industry-leading Network Operations Center (NOC)
Our customers know they can count on us to help them meet their goals—for today and tomorrow. International Speedway Corporation (ISC) has partnered with us at multiple sites, including the famed Daytona International Speedway and ONE DAYTONA lifestyle and entertainment center in Daytona Beach, FL.
ONE DAYTONA is a destination unto itself, offering an appealing mix of retail shops, dining options, movie theatres, hotels, and free live-music events. The challenge for this venue was to find a single solution that could support the facility’s massive size, high throughput, and capacity requirements and expansion plans, while providing a seamless path to 5G.
With our Carrier Grade Wi-Fi solution, ONE DAYTONA has everything needed to support the wide variety of applications used throughout the campus:
- Internet access for visitors
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) connectivity for property management staff
- Live streaming of event broadcasts
- Targeted video displays
- Security surveillance using more than 90 static and Pan-Tilt-Zoom (PTZ) cameras
- Fire alarm control and remote monitoring of safety equipment
- Integrated lighting and irrigation control systems
- Two-way voice communication throughout the retail area
To learn more about our innovative in-building solutions, visit us at Realcomm | IBcon 2019 in Nashville, TN, June 13 to 14. Set up a time to connect with our team or stop by Booth #1737 at the show.
This Week’s Sponsor
Yardi® develops and supports industry-leading investment and property management software for all types and sizes of real estate companies. Established in 1984, Yardi is based in Santa Barbara, Calif., and serves clients worldwide. For more information on how Yardi is Energized for Tomorrow, visit yardi.com.
UPCOMING REALCOMM WEBINARS
A Path to Net Zero – Driving ENERGY EFFICIENCY in Smart Buildings - 7/18/2019
One of the first trends to emerge in the modern smart building movement was energy conservation and efficiency. Approximately eight years ago, the industry realized that connecting energy related equipment to a network and applying advanced analytics and complex integration strategies could result in a significant reduction in energy and natural resource consumption and a resultant decrease in energy related expenses. In recent years, operational efficiency and occupant experience have been added to the smart building discussion, sometimes overshadowing energy efficiency. This webinar will focus on the very important goal of including energy efficiency in the comprehensive smart building strategy.
Tom Shircliff is a co-founder and principal of Intelligent Buildings, a nationally recognized smart real estate professional services company that was started in 2004. Intelligent Buildings provides planning and implementation of next generation strategy for new buildings, existing portfolios and urban communities. Tom is a speaker and collaborator with numerous universities and national laboratories, a gubernatorial appointee for energy strategy and policy and founding Chairman of Envision Charlotte, a Clinton Global Initiative.
Sarah currently serves as a Senior Advisor for the U.S. Department Building Technology Office where she leads commercial zero energy efforts, district-scale solutions, and a pSarah currently serves as a Senior Advisor for the U.S. Department Building Technology Office where she leads commercial zero energy efforts, district-scale solutions, and a portfolio of data infrastructure projects. In previous roles at DOE, Sarah led local government clean energy innovation programs. Sarah has over 15 years of experience in sustainability and energy work. Before DOE, Sarah worked for Baltimore City where she helped establish their Office of Sustainability.
Ryan Knudson, is the AVP for Operations and Energy Management at Macerich. He is responsible for the development, execution and operations for all Capital Expense Energy and Smart Building projects as well as national program vendor management. He oversees the daily operations of Macerich’s portfolio with a focus on same center NOI growth.
Akshai Rao, a vice president at Yardi, is responsible for the development of procurement and energy management solutions to ensure high-performing buildings. Prior to Yardi, Akshai spent five years at Bain & Company where he focused on technology and telecom.